Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore - Review



I read The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore, a mystery
novel by Joan Lowery Nixon. In the story, a teenager,
Christina, is kidnapped right after she and her
grandmother argued over money. Christina found out
that the kidnappers were asking her family to pay
a ransom. Christina’s kidnappers and her were
finally found by the police, but the weirdest
thing happens – the police don’t treat her as a
victim. Christina finds out that her family thinks she
orchestrated the whole thing for money! Christina
will do anything to prove her innocence. I liked
Christina as a character because she was very
determined. Through the whole book, she kept
taking risks and keeping me on the “edge of
my seat.”
 I thought this book was a four star
rating book. Although the plot,
characters, details, and vocabulary were
great, the mystery part of it was a little unclear.
The clues weren’t obvious, which they
shouldn’t be anyway, but it was hard to follow
any kind of clue or hint at all. Instead of a
small set of clues, it was more like the solution
of the mystery all was backed up by one tiny
indication. Other than that, I thought the book
was wonderful.
 I recommend this book to anyone
who wants a book that they won’t be bored
with. This book keeps you on the edge of
your seat throughout the whole thing. I’d
say the age range for this book is ages ten
and up. It’s at a moderate reading level.
Overall, this book is a great read.


No comments:

Post a Comment