I read this book a while ago and had a review written, I just never got to post it. Here it is:
In A Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth is a realistic fiction book. I would suggest this book for girls middle school age. It is about two girls – one is having a heart transplant and the other is the donor. Amelia, who had the transplant, feels like she is not herself after getting the operation. She feels like someone else and starts having memories that are not her own. Eagan died in a figure skating accident. She was signed up on her driver’s license as an organ donor, and her heart now belongs to Amelia. Amelia is trying to understand the new changes in her life, while Eagan is trapped in a strange “heaven” as she relives her memories.
I recommend this book to anyone who is interesting in learning something new and at the same time enjoying an astounding story. This book is told in two voices, switching between Amelia and Eagan through chapters. After reading this book, I knew a lot more about heart transplants, organ donors, and life in general. This book is a touching story of two girls and one heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment