I read Keeping The Moon by Sarah Dessen. It was one of my favorites by her. It's about a girl named Colie who goes to stay with her aunt during the summer. Her mother is famous on TV because of her exercising techniques. Colie has had a hard life, full of teasing and bad reputations. When she comes to see her aunt she accidentally gets a job at the Last Chance Restaurant. There, she meets Morgan and Isabel. And then there's the mysterious art-crazed guy, Norman, who lives in the apartment under her aunt's house. With unique aunt Mira, kind Norman, sensitive Morgan, and independent Isabel, Colie discovers that she has the power to be confident in herself, and she always had.
I liked this book because it was really true to the characters. After reading the book, you feel like you really know these people as if they were real. I suggest this book to any girl who doesn't mind reading about some harsh subjects (really mean girls, teasing) and girls who have low self-confidence should read it because the lesson is so strong and powerful.

No comments:
Post a Comment